DHL is part of the world’s leading postal and logistics company Deutsche Post DHL Group, and encompasses the business units DHL Express, DHL Parcel, DHL eCommerce, DHL Global Forwarding, DHL Freight and DHL Supply Chain.
The Financial Shared Services Center in Maastricht is part of the Express Finance Organization. We deliver Finance activities worldwide to a range of business partners within the company. Our Financial Accounting department is responsible for the general ledger (Record to Report) related activities for 14 DHL entities within Europe. The team consists of approx. 40 finance professionals.
As a Financial Accountant you contribute to our international business by the timely and accurate preparation and reporting of the monthly financial statements for one or more of our European DHL entities in accordance with accounting principles (IFRS) and corporate policies.
You are responsible for the preparation and follow up of several balance sheet accounts, including risk management according to our general ledger guidelines. You maintain the chart of accounts and you perform account-, sub ledger- and interface reconciliations. You provide support for the analytical review (Balance sheet and Profit & Loss), prepare and process accruals and provisions, and you perform various month-end closing activities according to a month-end schedule. You provide financial information to the local finance teams and to internal/external auditors.
- You have a Bachelor or University degree in Financial Accounting, Finance or Business Economics
- You have 1-3 years’ experience in RtR / General Ledger activities
- You have a strong understanding of Accounting and Accounting Principles
- You have excellent skills in Microsoft Office (especially with MS Excel)
- You are able to build and maintain great working relationships with our local business partners
- You have a strong focus on continuous improvement
- You are pro-active and self-starting, with a strong attention to detail focus
- You are fluent in English
Wat krijg je ervoor?
We offer a benefits package that includes a competitive salary. Working in one of the most international companies with a "best place to work" certificate.
- 1 van 4Telefonische screening
- 2 van 4Interview
- 3 van 4Interview bij klant
- 4 van 4Vervolg interview bij klant